Share ideas that inspire. FALLON PLANNERS (and co-conspirators) are freely invited to post trends, commentary, obscure ephemera and insightful rants regarding the experience of branding.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Irrational Mac Love (again)



My "new" Mac died last Thursday. (By new I mean only had a few previous, careful advertising exec owners)

And it gave me an idea for a new measure of brand equity for IT brands: "Crash-Rage-Absorption" - it even has a three letter acronym, so it must be good ;-)

Basically my hard drive was fried. Now had this been my old dell notebook (the one everyone has at the airport security queues), I would have been off on a full blown vengeance-rant:- ‘die spawn of Beelzebub, you useless dell piece of crap” etc.

But because it was a Mac (cue angelic music and ray of sunshine), I kind of gave it the benefit of the doubt, perhaps even felt sorry for it and the abuse it has seen. Even thought about their HD supplier and how they were maybe to fault.



Sad but true.

We do blind vs branded taste scores for food to see the impact of the brand. So why not blind vs branded crash-rage scores for technology?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»