Share ideas that inspire. FALLON PLANNERS (and co-conspirators) are freely invited to post trends, commentary, obscure ephemera and insightful rants regarding the experience of branding.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

BBC launches festival simultaneously on and offline


This is really clever, the BBC has rented an island in Second life where it will stage music festivals and other entertainment events. The first is a simulcast of its One Big Weekend festival from Dundee.

The idea sounds better than the implementation, apparently it'll just be streamed video of the acts along with some chances to interact, but I think it's a step in the right direction and shows a willingness to experiment that's really smart.

3 comments:

Lachlan said...

I just wish the beeb would hurry up and finish what they started testing with a handful of UK households a couple of years ago... downloads of BBC TV programmes. Back catalogue too please. :-)

I'll even pay. Hey if Ricky g and Carl can get me to fork out for 30mins of them talking nonsense on a podcast, why not!

Anonymous said...

I think there's a bit more to this, though. I believe they'll be giving out branded virtual radios in the 2nd life game, so as your avatar wanders around, you can bust tunes boombox style.

I think...

Magnus (can't be bothered to log in)

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»