Good to take time out to think about stuff we already mostly know, but have either forgotten, or not done enough with. (I really think that's the key to these kind of conferences - don't expect a biblical style revelation, just relax and enjoy thinking about things with no endgame...)
Miami helped as well. It feels so un-american and so very american at the same time it can't help but be a little provocative.
So to start a short theme of (2) posts... What is Inspiration anyway?
I asked google, and the first link that worked gave me the following, of which I'd humbly suggest the most 'inspiring' to be definitions 6,5 and maybe 2 (just for including a resulting action), in that order.
1a. Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity. b. The condition of being so stimulated.
2. An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention.
3. Something, such as a sudden creative act or idea, that is inspired.
4. The quality of inspiring or exalting: a painting full of inspiration.
5. Divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of humankind.
6. The act of drawing in, especially the inhalation of air into the lungs.