Share ideas that inspire. FALLON PLANNERS (and co-conspirators) are freely invited to post trends, commentary, obscure ephemera and insightful rants regarding the experience of branding.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Trend: RFID: Smart Implant Chips


Workers have chips embedded into them

In what is believed to be its first use in the U.S., workers who volunteered at CityWatcher.Com have had RFID chips embedded in their arms, the Associated Press reports. The chips act like an access card and are read by readers stationed at the company's doors. CityWatcher provides security cameras and digital video storage that are recorded over the Internet.
Sean Darks, chief executive of the company, also had one of the chips embedded. "I have one," he said. "I'm not going to ask somebody to do something I wouldn't do myself. None of my employees are forced to get the chip to keep their job."

Read the complete story here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060213/ap_on_hi_te/security_chips

*I will be posting an in-depth report on RFID trends, soon!

via PaymentNews.com

2 comments:

Lachlan said...

- You are Number 6.

- I am not a number! I am a free man!!

The Prisoner

Or in full:-

Where am I?
In The Village.
What do you want?
Information.
Whose side are you on?
That would be telling.
We want information. Information. Information.
You won't get it.
By hook or by crook, we will.
Who are you?
The new Number 2.
Who is Number 1?
You are Number 6.
I am not a number — I am a free man!
(Laughter from Number 2.)

AKI SYSTEMS 2600 said...

but u gotta admit, the RFID Implant frees us from having to remember those damn ID cards in the morning! i hafta sit outside the elevator in the mornings waiting for a familiar face to vouch and slip me in the door.

less cards, means less bulges in your pockets...and who isn't for less bulges?