Share ideas that inspire. FALLON PLANNERS (and co-conspirators) are freely invited to post trends, commentary, obscure ephemera and insightful rants regarding the experience of branding.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Google.FU




Oh google no! You're supposed to be perfect, how could you suck so?

As a Scot with lots of "ch" sounds in my name living in Minneapolis, I am relatively used to being mistaken for a German (...or Russian... or miscellaneous Arab/Scandinavian/Slav etc).

But imagine my surprise when I start firefox from a Starbucks in Edinburgh, Scotland and google.com insists on redirecting me to the google.de (German) home page.

I don't expect google earth to have decent imagery of the outer reaches of Europe (it is crap by the way), but I do expect them to get the language right on their search page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that happens in any Starbucks in the UK. I suspect it's because of t-mobile being the access provider.

slightheadache said...

As they say, << Der, der nicht deutsch ist, ist Krap.>>