Share ideas that inspire. FALLON PLANNERS (and co-conspirators) are freely invited to post trends, commentary, obscure ephemera and insightful rants regarding the experience of branding.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Trash Talk: Aki Day 01

Met Ashley Menger at Frog Design a few days ago and was introduced to their Trash Talk Initiative.

As an attempt to research our (dis)connections with the trash we create (and hopefully evolve some solutions), Trash Talkers commit to a few weeks of living with the trash they create daily. Common wisdom insists that it takes 3 weeks to actually change human behaviour so I will take on the Trash Talk challenge for 21 days and keep my daily trash with me everywhere I go.

Here's my first day's trash...

Direct mail did me in. 1 week of direct mail at that. Travel Tomorrow. Tickets to the theater tonight...lemme think about how I'm gonna get my trash in the show. Doh!

5 comments:

salina said...

I've got a lot of technical questions for you about what is exactly trash. Keep us updated on your trash reduction/management developments.

marc.fen said...

Aki, nice work! Way to pick this up and best of luck with it. Can't wait to follow your progress...

-Marc (frog Trash Talker)

Anonymous said...

can you alter the size/shape of your trash? maybe you can shred paper or small things and stuff them into boxes or bottles.

perhaps you can adopt a man-bag for a few weeks? the Devi Kroell line @ Target has some big ones, perfect for toting the latest in trashwear i'm sure.

wait, there's an idea. can you super-glue your trash to your clothes? that might get smelly...

salina said...

see, missmookie, that's the kind of thinking I'm doing, too. but then I wonder if that's cheating. then I start thinking about the technicalities of cheating and pretty much the whole thing is lost.

Anonymous said...

yes what is 'cheating'? getting off-track on the general ideas of Aki's trash pj...but is it not trash if it becomes part of your wardrobe? hmm.

trash as style. hmm.